A New York City Amputation Attorney For People Who Have Lost A Limb In A Wide Range Of Accidents
Amputation is a severe type of injury in which a person loses all or part of a limb, which is often surgically removed. These injuries can occur in a wide range of different ways, changing the lives of the person injured and their family. At Miklos Law, we have dedicated our careers to helping people across New York City injured through no fault of their own. A New York City amputation accident attorney has a strong track record of successful results for the people and families we represent, including several six- and seven-figure verdicts and settlements.
What Are Common Amputation Accidents in New York City?
A New York City amputation accident lawyer at our office will tell you that some types of accidents more commonly result in these injuries than others.
- Car accidents: Even a seemingly minor, low-speed crash can come with severe consequences for everyone involved.
- Defective products: Consumer goods that do not work as intended pose a significant risk, from malfunctioning household products to defective cars and auto parts.
- Slips and falls: Whether a slip in a wet grocery store aisle, a tumble down a dimly lit staircase or trip on a raised sidewalk, severe injuries regularly result when a person loses their footing.
- Construction site mishaps: Building and construction projects are common across the city, but they can also pose hazards when builders and contractors cut corners or do not take appropriate safety measures.
- Medical malpractice: Failure to diagnose a medical condition, treatment mistakes, and surgical errors can cause serious injuries.
- Nursing home negligence: Some of the most vulnerable members of our community are needlessly put at risk, thanks to nursing home operators and staff that fail to care for them properly.
Regardless of the cause of the injury, anyone who has had a limb removed due to an accident or medical malpractice has the right to seek compensation from those responsible.
The money damages in these cases are designed to put the injured person back in the position that they were in before the accident happened, to the extent possible. That includes compensation for pain and suffering, medical bills, as well as the impact of the injury on your ability to enjoy life, earn a living and participate in daily activities.
It is essential to have an experienced New York City amputation attorney in your corner to build the most substantial possible claim for money damages and guide you through the legal process.
Speak with a New York City Amputation Lawyer
If you or a loved one has lost a limb in an accident, Miklos Law can help you take action and seek compensation. We have a proven track record of successful results in the courtroom and through negotiated settlement.
We are pleased to represent clients throughout New York City, including in Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Staten Island. We also serve clients in nearby counties such as Nassau County, Suffolk County and Westchester County. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with a New York City amputation attorney. Se Habla Espanol.