A New York City Personal Injury Attorney for People and Families Throughout New York City, Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Nearby Counties
Accidents can and do happen, whether it is a slip and fall on an icy sidewalk or a car crash on a busy highway. When they do occur, accidents often cause severe and even life-changing injuries. They can also raise complicated legal questions about who is to blame. At Miklos Law, we help people and families across New York City get back on their feet after an accident by seeking the maximum compensation available for their injuries. New York City personal injury lawyer Robert A. Miklos is an aggressive lawyer who has dedicated his career to fighting for people injured through no fault of their own.
Injured in an Accident in New York City? We Can Help
Accidents happen in all walks of life. Still, some happen more regularly than others.
- Auto accidents: According to NYPD data, car crashes are unfortunately common in New York City, where more than 200 people are killed in collisions each year. These crashes are often caused by negligent drivers who disregard traffic laws and engage in dangerous behavior behind the wheel.
- Slips and trips and falls: Hazards like slick, slippery, cluttered, and poorly lit walking surfaces pose a serious safety threat. Potholes, cracks, depressions, and protrusions are tripping hazards. Although slips and trips and falls sound like minor incidents, they often cause substantial head, neck, back, and other injuries.
- Construction accidents: Construction work is dangerous. New York property owners and general contractors are required to provide a reasonably safe place to work for construction workers by ensuring safe work practices and providing appropriate safety equipment.
Other Common Types of Personal Injury Cases Include:
- Lead paint hazards and poisoning: Property owners have a responsibility to identify and fix lead paint hazards in premises where young children live. If a child is poisoned by lead paint, it can cause brain damage with symptoms such as developmental delays, learning disabilities and other issues.
- Products liability: Products with defective designs, defective manufacturing or inadequate warnings can injure or kill. When injury occurs due to a defective product, the manufacturer, seller and others may be responsible for the harms and losses.
- Dog bite: If a dog has a vicious propensity, the owner has to take reasonable safety precautions to prevent people from being bitten and attacked.
- Negligent school supervision: If your child was injured in school the school district may be liable for negligent supervision for failing to prevent the injury.
- Fire: Property owners and landlords are required to comply with all applicable fire and building codes to prevent fires that injure or kill residents.
- Negligent security: Property owners and landlords must always provide minimal security precautions to protect against the reasonably foreseeable criminal acts of third persons.
Anyone who is injured because of negligence in New York has the right to take action against those responsible. That includes seeking money damages for pain and suffering, medical bills and costs, property damage, lost wages, and the impact of the injuries on a person’s ability to make a living and enjoy daily life. In addition, in the tragic case that a person dies in an accident, their loved ones can also seek compensation for wrongful death.
Contact an Experienced New York City Personal Injury Attorney Today
At Miklos Law, we will thoroughly investigate your case to identify those responsible and effectively prove their liability. We will also guide you through the legal process with experience, understanding, and personal attention.
We are pleased to represent clients throughout New York City, including in Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Staten Island. We also serve clients in nearby counties such as Nassau County, Suffolk County and Westchester County. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. Se Habla Espanol.